Thursday 1 April 2010

The Prison Officer

Visited a prison this evening to photograph a prison officer. The shoot had to be quick because the prison officer had to get back to work and also there was a short break in the heavy rain.

NIGHTWORKERS

This image was chosen because he looked more authoritative than in the others.  I wasn’t entirely happy about the shadowing across his face initially, but I think it gives him a rather sinister air, which goes well with the Nosferatu shadow to the right of the picture (let me make it clear that I don’t think that prison officers are sinister in any way(!), but most people are afraid of going to prison and the shadowing generates the feeling of uneasiness).  His shirt is slightly bleached out on one side, but not too much that I’m worried about it.

ContactSheet-001small ContactSheet-002small